BOISE, Idaho, May 5, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Cradlepoint, a world leader in cloud providers of 4G and 5G wireless networking solutions, today introduced its second generation 5G product portfolio at its virtual summit in 2021. The comprehensive, global presentation of the product encompasses low-frequency to millimeter-wave solutions and external adapters to integrated 5G routers, all with a clean design to maintain the full speed and capabilities of 5G. Cradlepoint is a cellular technology innovator delivering its second-generation 5G solutions before most companies announced their first, launching their global partners in the lucrative wireless WAN and 5G market.
Wireless WAN and 5G: A large-scale opportunity for Cradlepoint partners
The need for agile, fast and reliable wireless connectivity within the corporate wide area network (WAN) arises as the business continues to undergo a digital transformation and accelerate the adoption of cloud, mobile and IoT technology that allows it. According to IDC, the possibility of a wireless WAN market will approach $ 3.0 billion by 2024, with public 5G rising to almost 130% CAGR. Today’s announcement confirms Cradlepoint’s position as a market leader in enterprise wireless WAN and 5G and the choice of a solution provider for channel partners – carriers, managed service providers, alliance partners, distributors and integrators want to be at the forefront of this huge opportunity.
“Network providers and their partners have only scratched the surface in terms of the capabilities that can be activated through 5G networks,” said Cindy Whelan, OMDIA’s leader in corporate networking and wholesale. “As with any technology cycle, corporate organizations are looking for trusted partners to help them assess requirements, determine the right solution, and find strategic suppliers who can deliver the most efficient and effective solutions. As the company moves to its second generation. 5G platform, Cradlepoint brings proven experience that strengthens its position as a trusted partner, helping the company navigate the opportunities for 5G business transformation. “
Details of the launch of the Cradlepoint 5G product
Cradlepoint’s second-generation 5G product portfolio will begin shipping this month and will be distributed worldwide over the next 90 days based on the completion of carrier certification.
Built-in 5G routers and field upgrade modular modems
Cradlepoint has developed high-performance wireless routers for 5G branch and mobile cases and a 5G modular modem that can be upgraded on site:
- R1900 rugged 5G mobile router: Announced April 8, R1900 is the industry ‘s first built – in 5G mobile router optimized for embedded networks.
- E3000 5G Enterprise SD-WAN router: Introduced in 2020, the Cradlepoint E3000 series receives a new model that includes a built-in 5G modem. The E3000 series is optimized for 5G with a choice of high-speed fibers and 2.5 Gbps Ethernet WAN ports. It has a expansion slot for a second, upgradeable modem, and supports PoE and Captive Modem technology to connect Cradlepoint 5G broadband adapters in an easy-to-manage architecture.
- Modular modem MC400-5G: The new MC400-5G modular model allows Cradlepoint customers to upgrade on site or add a second 5G modem to any ready-made or optimized Cradlepoint 5G router. Supported models are AER2200, IBR1700, E300, E3000 and R1900.
WG-series 5G broadband adapters
The WG-series 5G broadband adapters offer an Ethernet-mobile 5G modem and an antenna system that supports the entire 5G spectrum with maximum deployment flexibility. Customers can pair an adapter with a Cradlepoint or third-party router and achieve optimal 5G reception anywhere using standard Power Over Ethernet (PoE) cabling.
- W2000 / W1850 5G broadband adapter (indoor unit): The W2000 / W1850 indoor units are for low-frequency and medium-band 5G implementations, where the 5G signal is available indoors. While the W2000 is ideal for instant concept checks and early deployments, the W1850 is a production-optimized version designed for widespread use.
- W2005 5G broadband adapter (outdoor unit): The W2005 outdoor unit gives customers more flexibility in implementing 5G connectivity capacity for buildings and fixed sites.
- W4005 5G broadband adapter for mmWave (outdoor unit): Although mmWave 5G promises fast fiber connections in the city core, it also requires the deployment of outdoor visibility to achieve high performance. The W4005 is specifically designed for this mission with multi-gigabit performance and liquid cooling, and uses Qualcomm’s latest high-power antenna with beamforming, control and tracking technology.
A generation ahead
Cradlepoint began investing millions in 5G research and prototyping in 2018, working directly with Qualcomm and a leading original device maker (ODM). This investment led to the presentation of the world’s first 5G business solution in July 2020 with Telstra and Taylor Constructiondelivering over 400Mbps to a construction site. The company is using its three-year launch to refine 5G hardware designs, support the development of 5G global modem modules, which the company has adopted in its second generation, and improve its NetCloud platform.
Cradlepoint 5G means business
Massive market opportunities will attract the attention of every network provider, but not all solutions will be the same. Many will choose to enter the market by simply slapping a radio on a legacy platform. This does not work for wireless LANs and will not work for 5G and wireless WANs. Businesses will require robust solutions that combine custom hardware and software to create a secure, controllable and manageable infrastructure. Cradlepoint NetCloud, with its specially designed wireless end solutions, offers it all today. Learn more by reading 5G about Cradlepoint’s business Guide and blog post.
“Like SD-WAN a decade ago, Cradlepoint recognized early on the role 5G would play in transforming WAN and invested in market leadership,” said George Mulhern, Cradlepoint’s CEO. “I am pleased to say that due to our foresight and investment, our customers and partners can embrace 5G with confidence today as we launch our second-generation corporate 5G solutions – addressing every taste of 5G in every part of the world.”
See the table below for details on the availability of the Cradlepoint 5G product:
|PRODUCT||CONDITION||ORDER||FIRST DATE OF THE SHIP||FIRST SHIP REGION|
|R1900 5G mobile router||General message||Today||End of May 2021||Global|
|E3000 5G Enterprise Router||General message||July 2021||August 2021||Global|
|Modular modem MC400-5G||General message||Q4 2021||Q1 2022||Global|
|W2000 5G broadband adapter||POC General Edition||Today||Now||Global|
|W1850 5G broadband adapter||General message||Today||The middle of June 2021||USA / EU / Great Britain / ANZ|
|W2005 5G broadband adapter||General message||Today||At the beginning of May 2021||Global|
|W4005 5G broadband adapter||Controlled release||Today||End of May 2021||USA – Verizon|
Find your 5G today
To learn more about Cradlepoint 5G’s product portfolio and launch a trial today, visit https://cradlepoint.com/products/5g-for-business/
Cradlepoint is a world leader in cloud providers of 4G and 5G wireless networking solutions. The Cradlepoint NetCloud ™ platform and cellular routers provide widespread, secure and software-defined Wireless WAN an end to connecting people, places and things – everywhere. More than 25,000 companies and government agencies around the world, including many Global 2000 organizations and leading public sector agencies, rely on Cradlepoint to keep mission-critical sites, outlets, field forces, vehicles and IoT connected at all times. devices. Cradlepoint was founded in 2006, acquired by Ericsson in 2020, and today operates as a stand-alone subsidiary within Ericsson Business Technologies and New Business. Cradlepoint is headquartered in Boise, Idaho, with development centers in Silicon Valley and India and international offices in the United Kingdom and Australia. www.cradlepoint.com
Cradlepoint media inquiries