Epiq Solutions Announces New Sidekiq™ NV100, an Embeddable Software-Defined Radio (SDR) with Extended RF Tuning and High Dynamic Range | National News
VALIVNI LIVADI, bl.,, June 24, 2021 / PRNewswire-PRWeb / – Epiq Solutions, an engineering company specializing in the development of flexible RF transceiver modules and complete wireless turnkey sensor solutions, presented today Sidekiq NV100, a radically small software-defined radio (SDR) transceiver that allows simultaneous, multi-channel signal processing in challenging RF environments.
Sidekiq NV100 is the first SDR product from Epiq Solutions to use Analog Devices’ latest RFIC broadband transceiver (ADRV9004), resulting in a module that provides both advanced RF tuning capabilities and exceptional RF accuracy and instant dynamic range. Multiple RF operating modes are supported, including single-channel 1 Rx + 1 Tx FDD / TDD, two-channel phase coherent Rx or Tx, and two-channel independently adjustable Rx or Tx. Rx pre-selection filtering is configured automatically, intelligently by the libsidekiq API of Epiq Solutions.
While other solutions need to be combined with a bulky, external filtering mechanism, the Sidekiq NV100 integrates built-in Rx pre-selection filters and a GPS Disciplined Oscillator (GPSDO) in its small size, providing improved performance and allowing you to save space and reduce the size of your product or free up space to meet other technological needs
With a form factor of M.2 2280 Key M measuring only 22 mm x 80 mm, Sidekiq NV100 can be used in any small computing platform, such as a laptop or tablet, making it ideal for electronic warfare on the go (EW), signal intelligence (SIGINT) and applications for management, control, communication, computers, cyber, intelligence and intelligence (C5ISR).
The main highlights for the Sidekiq NV100 include:
- RF tuning range from 30 MHz to 6 GHz (with extended RF access up to 10 MHz)
- Flexible bandwidth between 12 KHz and 40 MHz per channel
- 16-bit A / D and D / A converters for exceptional instant dynamic range
- Two U.FL antenna ports supporting the following modes: 1Rx + 1Tx (FDD or TDD), 2x independently adjustable or phase coherent Rx, or 2x independently adjustable or phase coherent Tx
- Integrated sub-octave Rx filtering with preselection provides protection outside the interference range of both RF receiver paths from 400 MHz to 6 GHz
- Built-in GPSDO (uBlox ZOE-M8Q) provides time base with high stability
- Xilinx® Artix®-7 XC7A50T FPGA with Gen2 x2 PCIe interface for ultra-high bandwidth hosting, logic capacity and signal processing capability for demanding high performance applications
- A platform development kit (PDK) is available, supported by our standard libsidekiq software API and FPGA reference design used in our Sidekiq SDR card portfolio.
“Sidekiq NV100 is our latest example of a highly efficient SDR-based solution that expands the boundaries of what is possible in an extremely small form factor,” he said. John Orlando, CEO and co-founder of Epiq Solutions. “As RF environments become more congested and challenging, our customers’ requirements for our SDR-based RF transceivers are increasing accordingly. With the Sidekiq NV100, our team continues to be committed to helping our customers follow suit. the changing RF environment while maintaining a radically small size and weight profile. “
Sidekiq NV100 Platform Development Kits (PDK) are available to order now with delivery of production units September 2021. This kit includes a Sidekiq NV100 integrated into an Intel NUC computer running Linux (to serve as a reference development platform), as well as a second NV100 card mounted on a Thunderbolt ™ 3 development board. For more information or to order, contact Epiq Solutions by calling (847) 598-0218 by sending an email. firstname.lastname@example.org or on a visit epiqsolutions.com.
Epiq Solutions is developing state-of-the-art RF situational awareness tools and a detailed look at RF environments so you can identify and take action against wireless threats. With more than a decade serving government industries, Epiq Solutions understands the importance of speed, cost and performance for defense and security applications. Our radically small, modern SDR transceiver modules and turnkey RF sensitive instruments lead to size, weight and low power consumption. Whether it is necessary to develop mission-critical security communications for the battlefield or to protect sensitive information, Epiq Solutions is a trusted provider of RF solutions. For more information on Epiq Solutions products and design services, please visit epiqsolutions.com.