Roads to 5G Communications: 2021 Technologies, Applications
Dublin, 15 April 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – The “Pathways to 5G Communications: Technology, Applications and Markets Assessment” report added to ResearchAndMarkets.com supply.
The purpose of this report is to examine several modern technologies (as well as their markets, applications and other characteristics) that, according to the ITU classification, are entering the era of 5G communications.
Although based on industry insiders statistics, in 2019 the market share of 4G networks was no more than 7% -12% globally, the industry already (2018-2020) supports the commercial introduction of 5G in several market regions and applications.
This new generation of radio access will be built on the existing infrastructure, which will be modernized and expanded with new technologies.
The 5G wireless communication system will be a convergent system with many radio access technologies integrated together. It will be able to support a wide range of applications and services to fully meet the requirements of the information society by 2020 and beyond.
From a technological point of view, 5G will be the continuous improvement and development of current radio access technologies, as well as the development of new radio access technologies to meet the growing demand in the future. 5G can be characterized as data, connectivity and user experience.
There are two basic views of 5G that exist today that are often confused to form the basis of the definition of 5G:
View 1 – Hyperconnected vision: In this view, 5G is seen as a combination of existing technologies (2G, 3G, 4G, Wi-Fi, etc.) that can provide greater coverage and availability, higher network density in terms of of cells and devices, and the ability to provide connectivity that allows machine-to-machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) services.
View 2 – Next Generation Radio Access Technology: This perspective outlines 5G in “generation” terms, defining specific targets that new radio interfaces must meet in terms of data rates (faster than 1Gbps down) and latency. (delay less than 1ms).
The first view is related to the gradual transition of 3G / 4G (and other) technologies to the 5G era with appropriate improvements and extensions. Some of these technologies are the subject of the present analysis of the report.
In particular, the following technologies, their markets, industries and applications are addressed in connection with their transition to 5G (they are grouped under the heading 5G, despite the fact that they are already marketed by suppliers and implemented by operators):
CR / SDR – Cognitive Radio / Software Defined Radio
- Although the concept of CR / SDR is well known and the industry has been supporting these techniques for several years, the 5G era will introduce new requirements to network performance that can be easily met with CR / SDR.
- 5G The “Network of Networks” needs to further develop the CR / SDR concept, which corresponds to the details of 5G and uses the existing base of smart radios.
- Small cells are expected to dominate the 5G infrastructure due to advanced features that meet 5G requirements.
- MmWave radio will play an important role in 5G RAN, which allows us to explore the vast amount of free spectrum.
- Sophisticated intelligent antenna systems such as MMIMO are expected to be widely used.
Communication with visible light
- VLC opens several important applications that were difficult to use in other windows of the spectrum.
The report also examines the general requirements for the 5G network and examines ongoing 5G standardization activities. It also contains the author’s study of recently approved patents related to VLC and MIMO technologies.
The report is intended for a wide audience of technical and managerial staff involved in the development of advanced wireless communications.
- AirHop Communications
- AirNet Communications
- Alpha Networks
- Beecube (NI Company)
- Blu Wireless
- Blue Danube
- Broadcom (acquired by Avago in 2015)
- Carlson Wireless
- Green hills
- L3 Harris
- Nakagawa Laboratories
- Exceptional technology
- Pure VLC-PureLi-Fi
- Rockwell Collins
- SELEX ES (Leonardo Company)
- Spider cloud
- Supreme architecture
- Windy river
For more information about this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/qfmnbx