As data demand increases and sophisticated uses of IoT, AI, and immersive experiences emerge, digital networks must provide ultra-high bandwidth, low latency, and edge intelligence. Open RAN allows this massive evolution cost-effectively.
STL Accelus is built on this industry-leading converged optical-radio architecture. The company expects the global adoption of this decision to accelerate at a rate of 250% on an annual basis, stimulating better TCO for customers and gross margin for shareholders. Accelus will allow four main benefits for network builders – scalable and flexible operations, faster time to market, lower TCO and greener networks.
Accelus will lead to the industry’s transition from tightly integrated, proprietary products to programmer-neutral and programmable converged wireless and optical network solutions. It offers wireless and fiber-based convergence solutions:
- 5G multiband radios: Exhaustive portfolio of RAN radio with single- and multi-band macro radios. Co-developed in partnership with Connecting with Facebook to build total availability for radio stations based on Open RAN
- Internal small cells: O-RAN compliant, highly efficient internal 5G solution for small cells, with level 1 edge processing
- Wi-Fi 6 solutions: Outdoor Wi-Fi 6 radio solutions, providing operator-class public connectivity in a dense environment
- Intelligent RAN Controller (RIC): Open RAN 5G operating system, which allows the Open RAN ecosystem to use third-party applications to improve performance and save costs
- Programmable FTTx (pFTTx): A complete solution that brings programmability and software-defined networks to large-scale FTTH, business and cellular sites (FTTx) networks
Commenting on the launch of Accellus, Philip Leidler, Partner and Consulting Director, STL Partners, said: “One of the goals of the O-RAN alliance was to expand the RAN ecosystem and promote innovation from a wider base of technology companies worldwide. The recent announcement by STL is the latest indicator that this goal has been achieved.”
Commenting on the start of Accellus, Chris Rice, CEO, Access Solutions, STL, said: “Disaggregated 5G and FTTx networks based on open standards are becoming more common for both greenfield and brownfield deployments. These networks will require unprecedented scalability and agility possible through an open and programmable architecture. STL’s Accelus will unlock business opportunities for our customers and provide an immersive digital experience worldwide. “
STL is an industry-leading digital network integrator that helps telecommunications companies, cloud companies, civil networks and large enterprises deliver an enhanced experience to their customers. Read more,, Contact us.
stl.tech |Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube
SOURCE Sterlite Technologies Ltd. (STL)