Saelig Introduces Ultra-Compact SynthHD Mini 15GHz Microwave Signal Generator – EEJournal
SynthHD Mini is probably the world’s smallest innovative, inexpensive, pocket radio frequency signal generator – software tuning from 10MHz to 15GHz in 0.01 Hz increments
Fairport, New York. Saelig Company Inc. introduced the Windfreak SynthHD Mini, a software adjustable RF signal source that generates signals from 10MHz to 15GHz with a resolution of 0.01Hz and an output power of up to 20dBm. The generator also supports FM, AM, Pulse, Sweep and List modulations. It can be programmed for stand-alone, non-computer operation to generate any frequency, power, amplitude or modulation settings, or combinations thereof. When powered by 5V, it becomes an extremely mobile solution with low power and light weight for a wide range of needs for generating RF signals.
This compact 1.6 ”x 1.6” x 0.5 ”RF signal generator can be powered by a controller running Windows, Linux or Android via its USB port, which requires 5V at 400mA. The output amplitude can be adjusted in steps of 0.01 dB to + 20 dBm and in the range of more than 30 dB.
- 10MHz to 15GHz in increments of 0.01Hz
- -13dBm to + 20dBm (typically) in 0.01dB steps
- Select internal 27MHz reference or use external 10-100MHz reference
- Pulse, AM and FM internal modulation, including FMCW radar transmission
- Pulse modulation with 1μS minimum width and 1μS resolution
- Pulse, AM and FM external modulation from DC – 10kHz
- Powerful trigger modes allow external triggering of most functions without a connected computer
- Linear,% and list mode (frequency and amplitude skip)
- All settings are saved in the device for use without a computer
- 32-bit ARM processor on board that is compatible with Arduino
- An executable LabVIEW graphical interface and source code are provided
- Compatible with Windows, Linux and Android
This software adjustable generator is suitable for use in applications such as wireless communication systems, radio frequency and microwave radios, software-defined radio, radar, automated test equipment (ATE), pre-immunity test, electronic warfare, law enforcement, medical research, etc. n.
About Saelig Company Inc.